10 Fantastic Facts About Bananas
Incase you didn’t already love bananas as much as we do…here’s 10 fantastic facts about our favourite fruit.
1. Ease that itch! Rubbing the inside of a banana peel on a mosquito bite will help prevent itching.
2. Bananas boost your mood by containing a protein called tryptophan, which converts to serotonin. Serotonin helps you relax and can improve your mood.
3. Bananas naturally beat stress with vitamin B6.
4. Bananas battle high blood pressure by being high in potassium and low in sodium.
5. Bananas are known to help soothe heartburn due to their natural antacid effect on the body.
6. Stay regulated with bananas high fibre content. They’ll regulate your bowel movements without having to resort to laxatives.
7. Need to concentrate? The potassium in Bananas will help you stay focused and alert.
8. The world record for the most bananas peeled and eaten in one minute is 8.
9. Approximately 75% of the weight of a banana is water.
10. People who are allergic to latex are often allergic to bananas as well.